Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year's Eve Thoughts

I was out gardening today (yes, it's my day off. yes, it's sorta my job to garden. but what self-respecting gardener can turn down an opportunity to get out and dig in the dirt on New Year's Eve -- in Iowa!)

Anyway, I was out planting the last of the bulbs today and doing the last of the yard cleanup and it occurred to me that this was the first time in probably more than 2 years that I've had 5 days off in a row (Wednesday for Sebastian's surgery -- he's still hurting some but doing fine with his recovery; Thursday as a vacation day for our anniversary -- thanks everyone for the kind words (kind of a quiet one because of Seb's recovery but got to watch lots of football with him yesterday and today); Friday as the 2005 New Year's holiday; and Saturday and Sunday as regular days off) without being on a bus with a bunch of marching musicians. 2003 tour with the Colts. 2004 Rose Parade with our high school band. 2004 tour. 2004 Finals.

Damn but it feels weird..........

Already signed up for vacation for finals week. Now just have to pick out my other 2 weeks. I'm kinda thinking that the Southern leg would be nice. Oh the possibilities.

david

No comments :