Monday, November 14, 2005

Colts from abroad

David, it is almost a daily surprise to discover which picture you have made and published on daily bases. Keeps my Colts blood running!!

Last September I went to see the European finals and to see a Colts family member.
Charlotte (soprano) marched with her English corps Northern Star.
Seeing her perform I really could tell her Colts "style" from miles. She really learned to march last summer. She and her Corps marched a variant of Crossman 2004 show at an amazing level.
Real fun to watch and very skilled for a small corps producing such a strong show.
And to my predictions, it paid of, they became second place winners. An incredible achievement looking at the traditional competition over the years.

The best part however was talking to a Colts soul mate, being so far away from the activity it is becoming something special when you can catch up stories about something you really love to do.
Talking and sharing experiences about the life after a Colts season is so much fun.
These are things you can tell someone, but you only can talk about it with someone who has done the full experience. So it was fun to see Charlotte.
Unfortunately, I had to cancel my trip to England for their finals and my opportunity to see Charlotte, "Pip" and Kent. Hopefully I will see them this winter or next year at a contest.

Talking about family, I learned that Nick Angelis (new percussion caption head/arranger) is giving a drum clinic in Antwerp, Belgium on November 20. Maybe I will meet him and talk about Colts, yes you guys.
I won't be seeing you next season so I have to stay in touch from a distance, but I'll do my best.
I hope that I will be able to catch up the season after that. In the meanwhile, I can catch up on my cooking skills.
Have a great banquet and a superb start of the new season with a great show.

Love Olaf "Alf"

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's great to hear from Olaf!!! I will miss you a ton next year!!! :( You will have to pass on your recipe to a colt volunteer so they can make it for us 'sickies' (and non-sickies of course!)
Thanks for the plug about my article too...I love you, Colts! -Britt