Sunday, May 07, 2006

Volunteer Rules of the Road, the series

Over the next few days, the Colts Virtual Cooktruck will publish excerpts from the 2006 revised edition of the Rules of the Road volunteer handbook. The 2006 edition should be up soon for download at colts.org. Until then, enjoy the serial version:

Words from the Vets
Some words of encouragement from our vet volunteers:
“This summer will be my third trip on the road, and I am already looking forward to the adventure. It is the most tiring vacation week I have all year – but also a great time!”

“I can’t wait to tell people that just as soon as they take a shower, no more than 10 minutes later they’ll be sweating again.”

"Only hours after I joined the cook crew, I was being shown how to brown hamburger for dinner. Well, of course I already knew how to brown hamburger, but I can't say I've ever browned 40 pounds of it at once! If you want to experience old things in new ways, do everything on a grand scale, and have a fun time doing it, this job is for you!"

"Ever made pancakes? How many eggs did you use? Try 12 dozen! On the cook truck, everything is done BIG."

No comments :