Monday, March 31, 2008

Thanks for a great drill camp

From all reports (which is all I have to offer after spending the weekend with my other kids on the far north side of Chicago while the corps was on the far south side -- an hour away even by traffic-free freeway), drill camp in Chicago Heights was a super time for Colts and volunteers. (I haven't been in contact with my staff sources, so I can't speak for them. Anybody want to weigh in?)

The facility worked well, with at least as much room at the school for an indoor "field" as at the Sterling facility we've been to the past few years and lots more other room for rehearsals, volunteers, cooking, sewing, etc. Be sure to say thanks to Sarah for having us visit her school.

Thanks to all the volunteers who showed up for the first road trip of the 2008 tour. Lots of cooking. Lots of flag sewing. Lots of other stuff (guard gun stripping and painting, for instance.) This corps thing depends you -- the volunteers who will follow the Colts anywhere and support the members.

The corps played and marched for Sunday afternoon's show. The drill was described as "fast" and "cool." Can't wait to see it myself. (It may warm up enough in Dubuque to see some of it outside by the end of April but the way things have gone this winter and spring, I wouldn't hold my breath.) No one I've talked to had a negative thing to say about the weekend.

I'd appreciate it if those of you who were there would let me know just how great is was to be there. Or just leave a comment and have your own say.

No comments :