Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Hello 2005

You didn't really think I could stop doing this for a whole month did you? I barely lasted a week. I guess there are worse things to be addicted to than drum corps. (Come to think of it, why are you back here when I said I was done for 2004? Hmmmmmmmmm)

Anyway, if you are listening, welcome to 2005.

The banquet was great. Lots of people. More people than chairs in the Colts center. Greg said this year was the first time that had happened. The program was long, but that was mainly due to a middle section of tributes to Greg by former members, parent representatives, volunteers, and board members. There'll be pictures, but I'm taking care of colts.org first so check back here later.

The Sunday meeting about the 2005 show was exciting. The Colt Cadets show sounds really fun. I was a bit apprehensive about the reaction to the Colts show after all the fun Vicki and Ibe had in building up the Cadet show, but the kids were all energized when Ryan laid out the music and show concept for the Colts.

It hasn't been officially announced on colts.org so I won't go into a lot of the details but it's going to be a warm, emotion-packed show that still has lots of velocity and big drum corps moments. Some of the songs are hummable and familiar and others will allow for lots of dramatic effects. Pit and percussion should have a lot of fun with this one.

I'm really taken with the first hints of the visual organization of the show. Can't wait to see it on the field.

Oh yeah. Ryan referred to the show as "Postcards from Home." But he also called it just "Postcards" so I don't know whether there's an official title yet.

It just sounds really, really exciting.

david

1 comment :

Alf said...

Great to have you back on-line. It stays a part of my daily routine to check out Colts. I can't wait till I can read and see the comments and pictures from the banquet. I celebrated the occassion in Holland with an overhere rare corndog, sugar loops and a nice donut.
I will see Carl "Pip" (tenor) from England next March at an indoor drumcontest in Holland, so we probably will have our party then.
Can't wait to hear next year program. The instrument deal is awsum, congrats on that Colts. In sounds like a promissing season with many know faces and names. In the meanwhile I will be waiting patiently