Thursday, April 07, 2005

We still need cooks. Sign on now

A note similar to this one will be posted soon at colts.org. But I thought I'd put something here, too, just to let everyone know that we still need help this summer. There are still weeks on tour that are short cooks. I know that if you're reading this, you care. 'Cause there's no reason to come over here and look at this blog unless you really, really care about the Colts....

First of all, though, all the volunteer coordinators want to thank everyone who has already signed up for a summer tour spot. You are the greatest bunch of volunteers for any corps anywhere. The response has been great. But we need more.

Here's what Bill wrote me today after more people signed up over the weekend:

1) The first three weeks (that's pre-season and the Cornfield Tour) are very light.
2) We're still short for the week of 7/10 (Midseason camp week).
3) We're begging for help from San Antonio to Indy, 7/23 - 7/30.

And there's other spots open. These are just where the need is greatest.

If you have signed up, thanks for that. We can't do it without you. If you haven't, email Bill at colts.cooks@comcast.net and get your name down. You don't know what you're missing.

david

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Call my mom!!!! I'd post the phone number, but that would be kinda stupid on the internet - so ask the office they have my parents number. My mom will need convincing, but you just gotta convince her that 1 yes she can sit down when her feet hurt and 2 it's a lot of fun!!! LeAnn Splitter

Anonymous said...

David I want to go on the Texas leg so bad I can taste it! (It's the only time I'm every really warm...) But I'm scheduled to become a grandma that week--I think that should be enough excitment for me!

I can come to next camp! YEAH! WGI is fun and all, but it's not the same. I get jealous when I see your pictures. And I miss everyone.

suzanne