Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy New Year!

It's 2007.

It was a bittersweet blast to say goodbye to 2006 on Saturday night. (The best New Year's Eve party that I attend every year.) Hugs from just about everyone. Nic's great video. (Be sure to order one.) And a banquet program just the right length. Nice night.

There'll be pictures (just from the banquet, not afterwards. Discretion is best, I think.) but for now, I'm just sitting here contemplating how great 2007 is going to be.

The musical program sounds very interesting. I'm trying to imagine what Chris will come up with for the arrangement. Seems challenging to me, but I'm challenged by the kazoo. Jude's description of the visual program was intriguing too. Just enough mystery there to make me really, really eager to see this show come together.

Oh, you want to know more? Like what the music is or the theme or the visual plan? Show up for December camp.

In addition to all the people who were thanked at the banquet Saturday night, I'd like to thank everyone who called in daily reports or contributed comments or pictures to the Colts Virtual Cooktruck in 2006. I get all the credit, but you guys are really the fuel that keeps this thing on the road. I especially want to point to the contributions and assistance of Rod, Bill, and Jody S. in getting things posted over a pretty hectic summer (especially when we all ended up on the road at the same time). If not for them, we would not have gone all summer WITHOUT MISSING A SINGLE DAY.

I also want to thank my regular comment posters and contributors: Jim J., Jody G., Luba, Lori, and of course, ALF -- our resident alien life form and the Colts' biggest booster east of the Atlantic Ocean.

I could not do this without every single one of you.

Rod and I posted photos. Thanks, also, for pictures from Jody G., Jim J., Bobbie and Mark T., Peter H., Steve B., Bill F., Mandy I., and John R.

David

No comments :