Monday, August 02, 2004

Off Tour

I feel like I should write something today about my 17 days on tour, but I just don't feel up to it yet. It's been about 9 hours since I walked off the cooktruck last night saying, "See you Thursday in Denver," and right now Thursday seems about a year away.

The hardest thing for me about tour is getting off and knowing that they're still out there somewhere, working their butts off to be the best damn drum and bugle corps they can.

I'm really happy to be home. I'm not at all happy about being back to work this morning. And I miss everyone so much already.

More later. Much more about how it always rains in Indiana unless you're going to do a drum corps show indoors. Then it's fine. (Yes, Jim, I know all of Indiana is not like that.) And how Missouri and Pennsylvania have the bumpiest roads in America. And the pleasures of mixing 85 gallons of orange juice in a 2-week period. And......

No comments :