Sunday, June 05, 2005

I'm b-a-a-a-a-a-ck

Springville was, as Bill said earlier today, wonderful -- despite rain, a storm, and then wind all day today. The Colts are transcending the weather. I heard a lot of rehearsing of "Jubilee" today while the two Jodys, Diane, Vicki, and Lori did most of the cooking chores.

There was a Romaine lettuce, crazin (dried cranberries), and almond salad with Creamy Poppyseed dressing for dinner that I'm told was delicious. There was none left for cooks, despite my best efforts at portion control. The members loved it.

It was hard to leave -- both for me and for Aaron. He's got final tests in 10th grade tomorrow and Tuesday morning, then it's on tour for summer for him. I'll bring Jody bock Tuesday afternoon -- if I can get her to leave. She's having a great time, she told me today.

Thanks to Rod and Bill for keeping up with the Virtual Cooktruck so I could go to Springville this weekend. This kind of dedication is what it's all about.

And a special thanks to Bill for his dedication to this drum corps. Despite a late night/early morning Sunday family matter, he was back on the cel phone and at the keyboard Sunday to keep the Virtual Cooktruck going. Thanks, buddy. For everything. You are, without a doubt, the best.

Oh yeah. Sleep.

david

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend it was in Springville, I made it through my first rookie week of cornfield, and had a wonderful time. It was busy and fun and very comical. Some moments were funnier than others.

I liked being with the Corps so much, I had to go back after making it to Cedar Rapids,to return Jody Glo's keys. oops. Anyway, I'm home, and feel better knowing my rookie Bari girl is in such great hands.

Thanks for a fun week, as the Colts say "It's all good."

Rod said...

Thank YOU David, for keeping this site up and all you do. And, I certainly second your thanks to Bill. It's an honor to work with people that give so much of themselves, and just keep on giving. I know the kids are building life-long friendships, and I feel like I am too.

Anonymous said...

Ashleigh says, "We had this great salad for dinner the other night" and I replied, "Yes, I heard it was delicious." "How did you know?" Thanks to the virtual cooktruck, I know a lot! I appreciate what you guys do on this site! I check it daily! Thanks again for all ya'll do! I can't wait until I get to go on tour!
Shari Holdforth