Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Today is Wednesday, June 29; it's a show day

We are in Port Huron, Michigan

camp

Click HERE to open a full-size image in a new window.

Weather report and forecast for Port Huron

Click for Google map of Port Huron. With Google maps you can zoom in and out on a location. Click and hold on the map to drag the map in the window.

Today's Menu
Breakfast
Bacon
Hash browns

Lunch
Fish sandwich
Carrots au gratin
Fruit salad and cottage cheese

Dinner
Tater tot casserole
Texas toast grilled
Lettuce salad
Chocolate cake with white icing

Snack
Corn dogs
Peaches

Today's Schedule
8 Wake
8:15 Stretch and run
9 Breakfast
10 Vis
12 Lunch
1 Sectionals
2 Ensemble
4 Dinner, pack, load, clean
5:45 Leave for show site
6 Warmup
7:49 Colts perform
8:30 Snack
9:30 Load trucks
10 Depart for Metamora, IL – 454 miles

Today's Cooks
Polly (head cook)
Rod R.
Tom R.
Penny D.
Roger D.
Pat R.
Debbie A.
Pam W.
Kim K.

Today's News

Last night’s show was great. The crowd reaction was awesome – it wasn’t just the cooks you could hear cheering. Rod asked the cooks their reaction to the show and "They said, almost in unison – ‘We kicked *ss.’ "

The inside scoop is that the postcards are on their way and could be in Friday night’s show in Normal. That’s gonna kick *ss. Wish I was gonna be there.

As always, check colts.org for the latest official word on tour news, housing sites, mail drops, or other corps information.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm glad yesterday was a good show...sorry I missed it. And I'll believe those crazy postcards exist when I see them Friday - they're starting to remind me of the new sopranos we got in 01! - LeAnn

Anonymous said...

Oh...what a small world we live in.

Last week I was in London on vacation. I got to go on the London Eye (a large looking ferris wheel that has small capsules that people can sit/stand in). Anyway...we had 3 young ladies with us and I (the nosy person that I am) asked where they were from. They said Missouri and that they were studying in Spain, but were tired of speaking Spanish and came to London for the weekend to hear English.

I asked where they went to school...The answer was Truman State. Now...the Colts have alot of kids from Truman, so I started listing names...and the one person they knew was Mr. Sebastian Speer(David and Jody's son).

It is truly a small world!!!!

Can't wait to get back on tour in July...go Colts! Show the Drum Corps world what you are made of!

Jody Glow

Anonymous said...

just wondering, what happened to the map like last year and like on the food truck? -paul grammens sop 01-03

Anonymous said...

This virtual cooktruck thing is seriously awesome you guys. This needs to be a link on DCI's main page or something, it would make a lot of people jealous. I'm sure this is a blessing for Colts parents, and it's been great for me to be able to keep up with the team. Yall are doing great, and from where I am it looks like the Colts are really picking up some momentum -- don't let them stop!

Anonymous said...

I just got in from the Port Huron show, and went to the Belding show last night, too, and am thrilled to be able to see the performances. Yes, the kids are great, on the field and off. Seeing them these last two nights reminds me why I miss corps so much when I can't be there. Now I am looking forward to the Kalamazoo show--and seeing those postcards!

suzie