Sunday, June 15, 2008

Today is Sunday, June 15; it's Father's Day

We are in South Wayne, WI

Click for weather report and forecast


View Larger Map

Today's Menu
Breakfast
Bagels and cream cheese
Bananas
Sausage

Meal 2
Salisbury Steak
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Peas or Corn
Diced pears

Meal 3
Chicken Parmesan
Noodles
Corn
Rolls

Meal 4
Pizza
Rhubarb dump cake

photo
Photo by David S.

Today's Schedule
8:50 Wake
9 Stretch
9:30 Breakfast
10:30 Sectionals
1:30 Meal 2
2:30 Vis
6:30 Meal 3
7:30 Warmup
8 Ensemble
10 Stretch/warmdown
10:15 Snack
11:30 Lights out

Today's Cooks
Jody G, head cook
Lisa M
Bill M
John B
Cindy S
Margot W
Peggy F
Luba S
Bill S

Today's News
The new crew is up and running today -- on Father's Day. Yesterday's schedule was kind of scrambled because of the weather, but I'm not sure it even rose to the level of an inconvenience. Flexibility and changes because of the weather are kind of the theme of this tour so far.

Don't miss the comments on Friday's and Saturday's entries. They are priceless. Take note of the discussion of Carole's "surprise" dishes and I laughed my a** off at the fact that Barry "decided he only does that for corps he loves."

The cooktruck is well positioned in South Wayne. The cooks can look out the back door and see the practice field. That's always a bonus and inspiration for the volunteers.


As always, check colts.org for the latest official word on tour news, housing sites, mail drops, or other corps information.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

hey John and Jane, one of my family members made it in the picture too. Love my truck.
Betty

Anonymous said...

On the serious side, I loved working with the Colt families and can't wait to work with all you again.
Betty

Anonymous said...

I want to "THANK" the staff & all the cooks that take such wonderful care of our kids. We know they are in VERY GOOD HANDS. You are all a blessing to us.

Unknown said...

And in honor of Father's Day, I'm wearing my "Freebird" T-shirt.

(if you don't know why, ask Olaf)

David

Alf said...

I wouldn't have the faintest idea David :)
Fly like an eagle .... be as free as a bird?

I got to get this years freebird, on Sarah Q's sounds great and new to me!!

Anyone have a recording of this years tweety bird??

David I bet you've had the best fathersday ever!
Olaf "Alf"