Friday, July 09, 2004

I hear the crowd was on its feet for the Colts in Rockford

Score: 70-point-something.

Forget it. The crowd was on its feet for the hold at the end of Old Man River and was up again before the corps had even finished the finale. As one vet baritone player told me on the phone last night before the score was even announced: "Forget the number. The crowd's reaction tonight is what it's all about."

The corps (at least the part of it I heard from) has a great attitude. They're working hard and playing and spinning their heads off. As the bari player said, "that's what it's all about."

p.s. Note I even got the time zone right today!

Oops. The phonemail light is on my phone. Maybe they've called from the cooktruck. Darn! Gotta go to a meeting. More later, I'm sure.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

The show last night in rockford was fantastic! You could feel the energy and commitment from the colts. It was worth the 90 mile drive to see them again. Heard a lot of compliments from other fans on the show! Keep up the great work! I definately wore my Colt show shirt with Pride last night!!

Ray