Saturday, July 03, 2004

Report from Knox

Bill's report from Knox, Indiana. (I remember Knox from last year. Great school. Great town. They even let you return several liter bottles of Root Beer you didn't need to make root beer floats -- if you're persistent.)

Colts arrived at 4:45 a.m.

Menu
Breakfast
French toast
Sausage links
Peaches or apples

Lunch
Italian beef sandwiches
Fruit salad
Corn
Cookies

Dinner
A hog roast with all the trimmings courtesy of the local band boosters. (I knew I really liked Knox. Thanks!)

Snack
Chicken wraps or Tacos (they hadn't decided when Bill called)

Saturday schedule
9:15 Wake and cals
9:45 Breakfast
10:30 Vis
12:45 Lunch
1:45 Sectionals
2:45 Full ensemble
4:10 Run through
4:30 Hog roast, pack and load
7:25 Arrive at show site in Michigan City
9:25 Step off

Highlight
Friday night, the guard used their double flags for the first time in the ballad, Old Man River. Looked really cool, I hear.



2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Whatsup? Just wondering where you guys are playing for the Chicago area parades? I haven't heard you guys before and just wanted to see if I had a chance to make it out there.

Unknown said...

I'm not on the road with the corps at the moment, but if my contact calls in this morning, I'll try to get a list up. Thanks for the interest!
david