Friday, July 09, 2004

The Portage Report

(Bill comes through again....)

The first order of business is a great big Colt THANK YOU to the family of C.J. Howard. The family bought groceries (milk, break, misc.) for the corps on Thursday. Thanks to the Howards and everyone else who has brought or bought stuff.

Aren't Colt parents great?

Bill said the kids were real happy with the score from Rockford, so that's cool.

Now, to the usual stuff:

Got in to Portage about 8, so the kids got about an hour and a half of down time. Cooks got none. But cooks are tough.

Today's schedule
9:30 Wake
9:45 Cals
10:15 Breakfast
11 Vis
11:45 Lunch
12:45 Sectionals
5:30 Dinner
6:30 Warmup
7 Ensemble
8:40 Show run
9 Snack, pack and load
10:30 Depart (10 minute drive to new housing site)
11 Lights out

Bill says:
The good news is the new housing site is only 10 minutes away.
The bad news is we have to pack up and then unload when we get there.

Maybe the cooks will get some real downtime, though. Rest well!

Menus
Breakfast
Egg casserole
Banana-nut muffins

Lunch
Taco salad
Hash browns (I hope Jeff is doing them on the griddle. He's got a really good way to do that)
Mixed fruit
Pudding

Dinner
Pork chops
Mashed potatoes ("We're gonna do gravy, this time," Bill says. Whatever that means.....)
Broccoli
Brownies with ice cream

Snack
Chicken nuggets
and whatever leftover sweets we can find


4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hearing about the Corps this summer and their improvements throughout tour, I'm definantly excited to see them, here, in my home state, for the first time in three years!!! I hope the the Corps is having the time of their lives and that they just let their skills blossom everyday. I'll see you in Kalamazoo...

Anonymous said...

David....Just called Bill this morning in Michigan...forgot the time difference and got them at lunch..but at least they have sun ...it's still rainy in good ole Minnesota. I gave him the name of my hotel so someone "anyone" in a white or red van can pick me up next Thursday morning the 15 in Casselberry. I am 1.8 miles away from the Middle School they are at..so I could probably hitchhike...that would be real cute! A fifty something woman with a backpack, bed roll and red suitcase following her mapquest instructions walking the hiway.

It sounds like all the kids were really happy with the performance last night. I read the blurps to people at my office and they all got goosebumps when I read them todays first post. The crowd makes all the difference!!!! And it will only get better!

What time do you get into Orlando on Thursday, I forgot to ask Bill? I don't have the 1-800 number at work to call you, so hope you read this. Call me or post something on the web-site...651-503-6664. Thank you so very much for this great site...I have printed the June entries out for Adam's memory book. Can't wait to get on the road again......Repeat the following mantra...no rain in Orlando, no rain in Orlando...

Jody Glowaski

Anonymous said...

Hi cooks! I was at the Dubuque show, and heard that Stephen Leggate had to go home because he was very ill. Could you post an update? I know they were going to see him when you were in Stillwater. How is Sheba Steve doing??

Unknown said...

Hi, Jody.

I get in to the Orlando airport at 2:58 or so on FRIDAY of next week. Someone else gets in about the same time so there's supposed to be arrangements for someone to pick both of us up at the airport that afternoon.

I'm going to call next week to make sure everything is arranged, though.

I like the picture of you hitchhiking to the housing site. I don't think I'll be hitchhiking from the airport, though. I think it's a bit farther away.

And the rain is all staying in the Midwest when I leave. I promise. It's raining right now in Illinois, where my Jody and I are tonight with her parents. We're going to see our married son and daughter-in-law in Chicago tomorrow before I go on the road for 2 weeks with the corps.

I know I'm nuts but I just can't wait.

david